21 Golf Quotes to Inspire and Amuse

Jan 3, 2017 | Golf

Some inspiring quotes to make you feel good about the game you play.

You don’t choose the game, it chooses you.

Seven Days in Utopia

Movie

It’s easy to see golf not as a game at all but as some whey-faced, nineteenth-century Presbyterian minister’s fever dream of exorcism achieved through ritual and self-mortification.

Bruce McCall

Author and Illustrator

Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots—but you have to play the ball where it lies.

Bobby Jones

Masters Tournament Co-Founder

If I can hit a curveball, why can’t I hit a ball that is standing still on a course?

Larry Nelson

Professional Golfer

The golf swing is like a suitcase into which we are trying to pack one too many things.

John Updike

Author

Golf is a game in which one endeavors to control a ball with implements ill adapted for the purpose.

Woodrow Wilson

28th U.S. President

Golf is assuredly a mystifying game. It would seem that if a person has hit a golf ball correctly a thousand times, he should be able to duplicate the performance at will. But such is certainly not the case.

Bobby Jones

Amateur Golfer

I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose.

Gerald Ford

38th U.S. President

A kid grows up a lot faster on the golf course. Golf teaches you how to behave.

Jack Nicklaus

Professional Golfer

The trouble that most of us find with the modern matched sets of clubs is that they don’t really seem to know any more about the game than the old ones did.

Robert Browning

Author

For a competitive junkie like me, golf is a great solution because it smacks you in the face every time you think you have accomplished something. That to me has taken over a lot of the energy and competitiveness for basketball.

Michael Jordan

Basketball Superstar

Golf is a game not just of manners but of morals.

Art Spander

Sports Commentator

Owning a great golf course gives you great power.

Donald Trump

Billionaire, 45th US President

The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.

Billy Graham

Christian Evangelist

When he gets the ball into a tough place, that’s when he’s most relaxed. I think it’s because he has so much experience at it.

Don Christopher

Jack Lemmon's Caddie

Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.

P. G. Wodehouse

Author

My favorite shots are the practice swing and the conceded putt. The rest can never be mastered.

Lord Robertson

British Politician

Golf is 90% mental. The other 10% is mental.

Jim Flick

Golf Instructor

The ardent golfer would play Mount Everest if somebody put a flagstick on top.

Pete Dye

Golf Course Designer

Swinging at daisies is like playing electric guitar with a tennis racket: if it were that easy, we could all be Jerry Garcia. The ball changes everything.

Michael Bamberger

Sports Illustrated Writer

Golf is an awkward set of bodily contortions designed to produce a graceful result.

Tommy Armour

Professional Golfer

About Me

Hi! I'm Kelly Broaddus. If you are interested in a real estate purchase, my staff and I are the perfect fit for you. Based in Flagstaff, AZ, we are committed to giving you the best home-buying experience possible.

Real Estate Website

(888) 446-5602

Call Kelly Direct for Real Estate Inquiries

319 Regent St #203, Flagstaff, AZ 86001

EXTERNAL TOOLS

Get In Touch

Have a question about the golf clubs or real estate, or just want to make a suggestion? We'd love to hear from you!

SUBSCRIBE, GET FREE REPORT

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. Get a free report on the national luxury housing market.

Success! Please check your inbox or spam folder.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share This Thang

Like what you see? Tell your peeps!

X